Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
In 2012 there were 11.1 million American victims of identity theft, resulting in $54 billion in losses, which increased by 34% from 2011. Consumers lose money, lose confidence online, shop in Malls instead, and overall it has a similar impact as a break in. Victims of identity theft feel violated.
Nobody is immune to falling victim to a scam or the ever increasing hazards of identity theft, which if it’s done well by the perpotator, you won’t even be aware of until the damage is done. There are simple steps you can take to protect yourself from identity theft both on and offline, which is why Strong Pass is here to protect and inform you of how to best prevent identity theft.
1. Personal papers. Don’t throw anything away that contains your name, address, financial or personal details without shredding it first. Better yet, if you do need to store documents like that in a digital format, ensure they are protected with our Secure Archive service (coming soon), so you never have to worry again.
2. Unsolicited contact. If you receive an email or a call asking for your security details, never reveal your password, login details or account numbers. Your bank would never ask you for your full PIN or a whole password. If you are concerned about a call, hang up and call the bank yourself using legitimate numbers provided on your statements.
3. Check your statements carefully when you receive them and report anything that looks suspicious.
4. Don’t leave your personal papers lying around for anyone to see – keep them out of sight, ideally locked away in a safe place.
5. Post. If you’re expecting a bank statement or new credit card through the post, be sure to contact your bank if it doesn’t arrive. And if you move house, ask the post office to redirect your post in advance of the move.
Sounds daunting, all these threats, all these steps you need to take. But increasingly the threats we face aren’t offline, they’re online, which is where we act to protect you.
With Strong Pass you have greater safety and security in your own hands, with the swipe of your smartphone you can access all your online accounts. Giving you one less thing to worry about.
If you want more peace of mind, download Strong Pass now.